fuzzygruf: (Queer Duck Nurse)
[personal profile] fuzzygruf
I have a co-worker who comes up with the weirdest stuff. She spouted some "fact" yesterday. Another co-worker called her on it:

"Where did you read that?"

"In the ONION."

It took 15 minutes and three people to explain the ONION to her. I'm not kidding.

Date: 2007-07-03 01:31 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bjarvis.livejournal.com
OMG.

While I expect that level of cluelessness in, say, my immediate family, it's particularly scary to see in medical personnel.

*shudder*

Date: 2007-07-03 01:32 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] trulygrateful.livejournal.com
You mean it's NOT true?

Date: 2007-07-03 02:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fuzzygruf.livejournal.com
Of course it's true, honey. There was an article in the ONION that said so.

Date: 2007-07-03 03:02 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] trulygrateful.livejournal.com
I'm sure you're probably already aware of this, but there's an Onion Radio News Network podcast --- totally hilarious! Each vignette is no more than sixty seconds, including intro and lead-out - well worth a check-out.

Hugs from NYC!

XOXO

Date: 2007-07-03 03:23 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] apparentparadox
There's also an Onion Video podcast.

Date: 2007-07-03 03:23 pm (UTC)
From: [personal profile] apparentparadox
What a moron! She should be getting her news from the Daily Show like the rest of us. Paper is so last year.

Date: 2007-07-03 04:04 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bearfuz.livejournal.com
I *so* want to have her draw *my* blood and read *my* chart. Just sayin'.

Date: 2007-07-04 01:44 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sfmini.livejournal.com
I keep having to tell my assistant to stop leaving a copy on the kitchen table with all the other legit newspapers. Every so often a headline will catch me and I'll be half way down the hall before it dawns on me that it was the Onion again.

Then again, the revelation two weeks ago that the government considered a gay bomb made me dismiss the legit headline because I thought it just had to be the Onion.

Date: 2007-07-05 03:34 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] woofpup.livejournal.com
As a former subscriber, I can assure you that it is America's Finest News Source!

Profile

fuzzygruf: (Default)
fuzzygruf

April 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9 101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 23rd, 2026 01:53 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios