Busy Monday
Mar. 23rd, 2004 09:05 amI worked and worked on Monday. That project with the tight deadline is looming, and I'm off work on Friday. I verified info with the client, made some programming changes, and even sent a test file. Woohoo! I really felt accomplished.
Naturally, the specs changed once I sent the test file. Apparently, the regulations are changing yet again. And the install still needs to happen next Monday.
Wait. The business manager says that the regs are not yet posted to the regulator's website, so hold off on any changes. Um, so I stop work and then try to cram it in one day? Grrrrr. At least this type of crap is typical "real world" work drama. Takes my mind off of the other work problems.
I didn't have time to call that legal service yesterday. I have another meeting with B & C later this afternoon. I'll see if that gives me any additional ammo before calling legal services.
Got home and finished putting away the t-shirts. I'm continually looking for a better storage system. If I find one that works, it might be worth marketing.
I stopped in at Starbucks and ran into
pyrogeoff. I haven't seen him in ages. His sparkly eyes always cheer me up. I also ran into Bill M. Woof.
I sat outside and finished my coffee. The wind was really strong. It blew the metal dog dish several feet down the sidewalk. Well, we knew the warm weather wouldn't last forever.
I got to WSD for their Mainstream square dance class. Rich told me that he had talked to the board, and they are willing to let me call a singing call for angels during class anytime I'd like. Wow. Rich is probably the most encouraging guy I know. It'll be awhile before I'm ready to do that, but at least it gives me something to work on. Yeah, during ALL my free time, LOL.
They did some two-couple dancing to teach Hinge and Scoot Back. Except for that and one angel tip, I sat out. Not enough angels to make two squares. At one point we were just one person short of two squares. Students Craig & Lou were both gone. That only left brand-new students Gray, Tacks, Kevin & Josh, who are all excellent. Rich took advantage of that and really worked them hard. They are going to be very good dancers. Gray & Tacks are going to convention, so I know they're in it for the long haul. I left around 9:15pm and headed home.
Naturally, the specs changed once I sent the test file. Apparently, the regulations are changing yet again. And the install still needs to happen next Monday.
Wait. The business manager says that the regs are not yet posted to the regulator's website, so hold off on any changes. Um, so I stop work and then try to cram it in one day? Grrrrr. At least this type of crap is typical "real world" work drama. Takes my mind off of the other work problems.
I didn't have time to call that legal service yesterday. I have another meeting with B & C later this afternoon. I'll see if that gives me any additional ammo before calling legal services.
Got home and finished putting away the t-shirts. I'm continually looking for a better storage system. If I find one that works, it might be worth marketing.
I stopped in at Starbucks and ran into
I sat outside and finished my coffee. The wind was really strong. It blew the metal dog dish several feet down the sidewalk. Well, we knew the warm weather wouldn't last forever.
I got to WSD for their Mainstream square dance class. Rich told me that he had talked to the board, and they are willing to let me call a singing call for angels during class anytime I'd like. Wow. Rich is probably the most encouraging guy I know. It'll be awhile before I'm ready to do that, but at least it gives me something to work on. Yeah, during ALL my free time, LOL.
They did some two-couple dancing to teach Hinge and Scoot Back. Except for that and one angel tip, I sat out. Not enough angels to make two squares. At one point we were just one person short of two squares. Students Craig & Lou were both gone. That only left brand-new students Gray, Tacks, Kevin & Josh, who are all excellent. Rich took advantage of that and really worked them hard. They are going to be very good dancers. Gray & Tacks are going to convention, so I know they're in it for the long haul. I left around 9:15pm and headed home.
Woof....
Date: 2004-03-29 11:48 pm (UTC)Bill